Two workers on Thursday died of accidental electrocution at Ahad Jute Mill in Jashore.
The victims- Motiar Rahman, 48, hailed from Naila village under Fatehpur Union and Kabir Gazi, 35, was a resident of Sultanpur area of the same union.
Confirming the matter, Managing Director of the mill Kamruzzaman said: “Motiar and Kabir were working at the factory as usual. Motiar got electrocuted while trying to turn on a fan. Kabir was also electrocuted after trying to save him.
Other mill workers rescued the duo and rushed them to Jashore General Hospital, where the on duty doctor declared them dead on arrival.
“Both of the workers died before they were brought into the hospital,” on-duty doctor Amio Das told The Business Standard.
Meanwhile, Jashore Kotwali Thana Officer-in-charge Shomir Kumar said that an investigating has been launched to find out the reason behind the death of the two jute mill workers.