Eleven members of two families sustained burn injuries in a fire following an explosion of gas line at a flat in the West Talla area of Narayanganj city.
The fire service source said that the explosion took place at around 6.45 am on Friday due to gas leaking from the stove, reports Prothom Alo.
Five of the injured including a child were admitted to the Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute in critical condition and the rest were sent to Narayanganj General Hospital.
Those who have been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute are Habibur, 40, his wife Aleya Begum, 38, his son Limon, 17, daughter Mim, 18, and three-month-old baby Mahira.
Other injured were identified as Md Sonahar, 40, Shanti Akter, 30, Samiul, 30, Monowara, 22, and Sathi, 25.
Another victim was unidentified. Most of the injured are RMG workers.
The blast blew away two walls of the second-floor flat and shattered the doors and windows of the building.