Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the CEO of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has said that they will try to ensure that national team players will take part in this year's edition of the National Cricket League (NCL).
The BCB CEO talked to the media on Monday about the upcoming NCL after a meeting of the NCL tournament committee.
Asked about the meeting, he said, "We have taken the decision to start the league on the 10th of October. We have taken some decisions to make the competition more attractive. The league will be of two stages this year too."
Asked about the participation of national team players in the domestic league, he said, "We (BCB) will try to ensure that the national team players participate this year. Hopefully, they will play in the first two rounds."
The required fitness level for the selection of players has been increased, as the players now need to score at least 11 in the Beep test to qualify for selection and many players are not happy with the decision. Asked about that, Nizamuddin said, "This year the bar has been set at 11. We are prioritizing fitness, it plays a vital role in the performance of the players. The coaches have agreed with us on this. But if the selectors can select someone considering something else if they want."
Asked about the match fee, he said that it will increase a bit but it will not be right to disclose it. About increasing the attractiveness of the tournament, Nizamuddin said, "We meant more competitive by attractive. The matches will be held at four venues - Mirpur, Fatullah, Rajshahi and Khulna."
There is always discussion around the wickets, queried about that, the BCB CEO said, "The wickets will remain the same as last year. We will make the wickets considering everything."
The question about the sponsorship of the tournament was raised, and Nizamuddin said that BCB will make an announcement regarding the sponsors on the 5th or 6th of October.
The National Cricket League is set to kick off on the 10th of October.