Bangladesh will be facing India in a two-match Test series at India for the first time in their cricketing history. The second Test between the sides at the Eden Gardens will be the first day-night Test for both sides. Before the test starts, here are some facts to look at -
First test - November 14-18 at Indore
Second test - November 22-26 at Kolkata
India are the clear favorites in this series as the hosts come off a record 11 Test series win streak and now look to make it 12. The are currently the top ranked Test side in the world and their captain, Virat Kohli is one of the best batsmen of the world, if not the best.
Squad: Virat Kohli (c), Mayank Agarwal, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Shubman Gill
Recent form: Five matches, five won, zero lost
Bangladesh are without their best player Shakib Al Hasan, who is under a ban from the International Cricket Council (ICC) for not reporting bookie approaches. The Tigers are also without their premier opening batsman Tamim Iqbal, who is not participating in the series because of personal reasons. Bangladesh will be depending a lot on Mushfiqur Rahim, who will not keep in this series and will be the mainstay of Bangladesh batting. Bangladesh are also with an inexperienced captain, Mominul Haque, who will be debuting as the skipper of the side in the first match of the series.
Squad: Shadman Islam, Imrul Kayes, Saif Hassan, Mominul Haque (c), Liton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mohammad Mithun, Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Taijul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Mustafizur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain, Abu Jayed Chowdhury, Ebadot Hossain
Recent form: Five matches, two won, three lost
India wins: 7
Bangladesh wins: 0
Highest run-scorers for Bangladesh vs India:
- Mohammad Ashraful (386 runs)
- Mushfiru Rahim (337 runs)
- Tamim Iqbal (296 runs)
- Mahmudullah Riyad (277 runs)
- Shakib Al Hasan (260 runs)
Highest wicket-takers for Bangladesh vs India:
- Mohammad Rafique (15 wickets)
- Shakib Al Hasan (15 wickets)
- Shahadat Hossain (12 wickets)
- Mashrafe Mortaza (11 wickets)
- Naimur Rahman (6 wickets)
Highest run-scorers for India vs Bangladesh:
- Sachin Tendulkar (820 runs)
- Rahul Dravid (560 runs)
- Gautam Gambhir (381 runs)
- Souirav Ganguly (371 runs)
- Murali Vijay (295 runs)
Highest wicket-takers for India vs Bangladesh:
- Zaheer Khan (31 wickets)
- Irfan Pathan (18 wickets)
- Anil Kumble (15 wickets)
- Ishant Sharma (13 wickets)
- Ravichandran Ashwin (11 wickets)
Bangladesh and India have locked horns in three Test series' in this decade. In the most recent one-off Test in 2017, India won the match. In 2015 at Fatullah, the match was drawn because of interruptions due to heavy rain. In 2010, Bangladesh were beaten 2-0 at home by the visiting India team.
- This is not only the first day-night Test at India, but also the first in the Asian sub-continent.
- A win for Bangladesh would mean that they will be bringing up their first victory against their neighbours in the longer format.
- India will be heading for their 12th consecutive Test series win.