Technical Manager - Save the Children
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||27 April, 2021|
Position: Technical Manager - Maternal Health, Mamota Project (Re-advertise)
Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This is a Gaibandha based position and will be responsible for ensuring technical standard and quality of Maternal and Newborn Health services in selected Union Health & Family Welfare Centers (UHFWCs) and Upazila Health Complex (UHC). S/he will maintain coordination with the implementing partner including district/ upazilla level Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOH&FW) Managers and Partner NGO's Upazila Coordinators for implementation of services as per standard guidelines and protocols. The Technical Manager will develop/adopt technical guidelines/protocols for the planned MNH-FP services, prepare and implement capacity building plan for MOH&FW and project staff, and establish a system of technical supervision/follow-up and feedback mechanism in coordination with local MOH&FW authorities. S/he will lead quality assurance team of Mamota and organize periodic reviews of service providers' performance and take necessary corrective measures like organize refresher training/coaching/mentoring. S/he will also organize joint supervision visits with MOH&FW technical supervisors and professional bodies for ensuring quality of services in the selected facilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical Graduate (MBBS) is required
- At least 6 years of working experience in MNH-FP field
- Demonstrable experience in working closely with the government agencies, experience with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare strongly preferred.
- S/he must have the capacity to coordinate and collaborate effectively with divisional/ district level MOH&FW representatives
- Should have sound technical knowledge on MNH-FP services, Bangladesh health service delivery system and better understanding of national health strategies/programs.
- Excellent skills in program planning, coordination, facilitation and representation
- Good in report writing (weekly, monthly etc.)
- Appropriate computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to spend at least 70% of time in the field are essential requirements.
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Gaibandha
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For detailed job description and to apply online, please visit: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=210002PM
Application Deadline: 27 April, 2021
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview. 'Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce'