Senior Manager - Room to Read
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||10 May, 2021|
Position: Senior Manager - People Operations (Based in Dhaka Country Office and Reports to the Country Director)
The roles and responsibilities of this position are broad and operational, as well as tactical. They include supporting the Country Director and the Country Management Team in developing, implementing, evaluating, and recommending changes to Room to Read Bangladesh Country Office's People Operations goals, functions, policies, procedures, and programs, with respect to the organization's global goals and policies. The position supports and provides inputs on best practice guidance in all HR functional areas including employee relations, recruitment, performance management, training and development, benefits, compensation and organizational development.
The Senior Manager People Operations is a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) and s/he is required to manage the People Operations department, overseeing a team of professionals delivering on various aspects of People Operations such as hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long-term staffing strategies. This position is based in Dhaka and reports to the Country Director.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Development of People Operations Strategies, Policies, Systems and Plans
- Design, operate, coordinate, and monitor operational systems for the People Operations functions to implement the approved policies.
- Review and develop personnel policies and revise as necessary based on the standard Global Office People Operations policies,
- Guide CMT and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and reinforcing organization values.
- Identify labor related legal requirement and government reporting regulation affecting human resource functions. Prepare information requested or required for compliance.
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Update the position descriptions in the organization according to the need in consultation with the respective line managers and Global Office.
B. Planning and staffing for human resource needs
- Ensure maintenance of the human resource information system (Workday) and utilize and feed information for major People Operation decisions in the organization,
- Lead and manage the Annual Planning and Budgeting process for the People Operations department by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Establish standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures as suggested and directed by Global Office,
- Ensure an appropriate level of human resourcing to meet the existing and anticipated business needs of Room to Read Country Office.
- Provide necessary support to line managers and employees on areas related to People Operations
C. Management and development of staff performance
- Review and implement effective employee performance management system and train the line managers / supervisors and provide advice and support for performance management issues and assist them in implementing the annual performance management process,
- Work directly with department/program managers to support them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Lead and implement the training and development process to ensure that appropriate development needs are met on a timely and cost-effective basis.
- In collaboration with department heads support the implementation of effective performance review) programs which are designed to measure individual performance and to identify opportunities for improvement and challenges
- Organize and coordinate both in house and off-site staff training and development programs to meet the identified development needs.
D. Oversee Compensation and Employee Relations
- Review wage and salary structure, pay policies, employee benefit programs.
- Support the development of the compensation and benefit policy and practices to ensure that staff are rewarded in line with both general market practice and individual performance level.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee-employee relationships and employee-employer relationship
- Ensure that the organization and employee's interests are protected, and the policies/ practices of the organization are legally compliant.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Recommend for disciplinary actions and termination as per the personal policy guidelines
- Review employee appeals through compliant procedure
- Work closely with the CMT for Succession Planning to:
- Identify high potential employees.
- Develop career programs for those important to our continual growth.
- Establish appropriate programs and timelines to assist a smooth transition for those who may be entering or exiting their positions.
- Participate and conduct meetings with relevant Human Resource Management organizations
- Represent Room to Read at relevant meetings and occasionally assist in hosting key donor visits
- Provide regular updates on HR activities and plans at regular meetings with management staff
- Prepare the yearly project personnel budget and visit for approval processes with NGOAB and other relevant bodies of the government
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master's degree in human resource management or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in People Operations (Human Resources) work, at least 3 years of experience as senior management position with reputable INGOs
- Successful management/ leadership experience.
- Thorough understanding of the labor markets and culture.
- Experience in high-growth and large projects staffing and employment life-cycle management.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and credibility.
- Be comfortable operating managing and building teams within a matrix structure.
- Self-motivated individual that will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills. English language fluency is required.
- Self-motivated, agile, and detail-oriented leader with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is committed to the education and welfare of children and protecting them from abuse and exploitation.
- Room to Read has zero tolerance for child abuse and exploitation
- All children have the right to be free from abuse and exploitation, including neglect, maltreatment, and physical, mental, or sexual violence, injury or abuse.
- All children should be treated with respect and dignity.
- The well-being of the child is Room to Read's first priority when dealing with all identified or suspected cases of child abuse.
- Room to Read shall integrate child protection into all its organizational strategies, structures, and work practices.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Allowance
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online through Online on or before 10 May 2021. Any persuasion attempt will disqualify your candidacy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
"Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply"