Project Manager, ELM Project
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||28 February, 2021|
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of the project. S/he will provide direction for project planning, implementation, management, administration and finances, including in the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project. S/he will provide support to the field staffs in the areas of social mobilization and advocacy at the local level. S/he will ensure that the project implementation plans are developed and executed effectively and on time. S/he will ensure necessary support for all team members so that project outputs/deliverables can be achieved on time. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring progress and quality monitoring systems for the project.
- There has been a noticeable shift in the common understanding in Bangladesh of the term `civil society` beyond NGOs not only to include non-formal CSOs (campaigning and citizen groups) but also media, professional associations, trade unions and faith-based organizations. CSOs can play an important role in enhancing transparency and good governance by contributing to the increased public dialogue on issues surrounding the formulation and implementation of government budgets as well as in supporting greater transparency of public policy. Mainstream CSOs are mostly philanthropic groups, citizen coalitions, and private voluntary agencies and although it is estimated that less than 50,000 organizations are active, there is a little will, enabling space/environment and capacity to engage civil society on issues which are complex and political such as minority representation in local governance and national development process. Sustainable poverty reduction requires the full involvement of women as central actors in the process of governance. Women`s limited access to resources, public debate and political decision-making is still insufficiently considered in mainstream governance reform. At the grassroots level, Union Parishad is the most popular democratic institution. Therefore, the state of women`s participation at this level is vital and deserves special attention to empower them as participation and empowerment otherwise sustainable as well as inclusive development cannot be ensured. In addition, gender-based inequalities much are addressed such as violence against women, child marriage, discrimination in the job section such as the wage gap and closing the gap in women`s political empowerment. Improving the socio-economic conditions of women will go a long way in empowering women in voicing their needs and concerns-socially, economically and politically. The voices of minority women are limited socially, economically and politically.
- S/he will ensure proper talent management, talent review, staff development, and talent retention and uphold BLAST`s approach to gender and diversity, core values and the basic principles, followed by BLAST.
- Global Objective: To enhance the ability of civil society to participate in the governance and development process in Bangladesh.
- Specific Objective: To enable Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to contribute effectively and efficiently to gender equality, women`s empowerment and local governance.
- A. Promote gender equality and women`s empowerment as a prerequisite to inclusive development.
- B. Strengthen CSOs` role and capacity in local governance.
- Design and prepare an action plan and implement the project activities, in accordance with the organizational plans and donor requirements.
- Lead, guide and support project staff on implementation of the project activities.
- Undertake and manage diverse activities and priorities, including field program operations and ensure community-led implementation and team approach.
- Visit project areas and other BLAST offices and attend workshops and seminars regularly.
- Capacity building (e.g. human rights, women and minority rights, leadership, advocacy, legal aid) of women and minority rights organizations and CSOs working on gender equality of minority communities.
- Mobilize and support CSOs and CBOs to organize themselves through a collective effort to address local concerns and provide them with tools to respond to existing political, social and economic challenges.
- Promote a conducive and enabling environment for CSOs by advocating and engaging with local government
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports periodically and as per need.
- Contribute to periodic project reports and event reports as required.
- Determine appropriate monitoring/evaluation methods for individual approaches.
- Identify indicators related to each selected approach.
- Develop data collection/evaluation methods and ensure appropriate tools/techniques.
- Ensure data collection, compilation, analysis and documentation.
- Monitor targets and track progress, both in terms of budget and implementation plan.
- Conduct a public perception survey to understand the stereotypes, prejudices and harmful practices against minority women and girls, transgender and people with disability.
- Awareness-raising to reduce the marginalization of women and girls and foster respect for their rights and dignity through national and local campaigns (e.g. media campaign, street dramas
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative reports under the overall guidance of the Deputy Director, Programme
- Maintain regular contact with donor and appropriate stakeholders particularly in government, NGOs and communities.
- Maintain and strengthen existing partnerships through networking with the organizations and representing the organization and the project in particular.
- Promote and increase the representation of CSOs in decision-making processes and policy implementation at local level governance processes.
- Increase accountability and transparency of national and local governance processes through public-private dialogues in respect to the public allocation of resources, budgeting, procurement monitoring and public access to information.
- - National consultation and policy dialogues on gender equality and women's rights to empower minority women and girls, transgender and people with disability.
- - Enabling linkages with the private sector and local government for minority women, transgender and PWD in skills development, job placement and tailored access to finance schemes to realize their productivity and contribution to the local economy.
- Support advocacy networks and campaigns to have greater influence and lobbying capacity for minority rights to be factored in on all national policies formulation.
- Ensure that all the positions in the project are filled with skilled staff in a timely manner, and are being served with adequate guidance so that they can perform their jobs properly.
- Ensure timely performance planning and appraisal as per BLAST policy and keep a close relation to HO HR Cell.
- Follow up on staff performance and provide support for quality performance and staff development.
- Provide continuous support and develop a supportive working environment in the team where all the team members can contribute their best.
- Ensure the staff based in the project areas are adequately supported and motivated through proper logistic and mentoring support.
- Develop team spirit and cooperative attitudes among project personnel.
- Check and approve all related travel expenses report, bill, vouchers, staff leave, and purchases with the help of relevant cell in HO.
- Masters in Social Science/Law or any relevant discipline.
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least 5 years' experience in NGO or development organizations.
- Should have excellent experience in managing project activities
- Should be an outcome-oriented person.
- Good knowledge in project planning, budgeting, staff management and relevant task for managing project.
- Good in communication both in English and Bangla.
- Good computer skill in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Costs in relation to any fieldwork will be borne by the organization. Salary and Benefits and allowances: commensurate with experience and project design.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize