Information Technology Specialist - FAO
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||22 June, 2021|
Organizational Unit: FABGD
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Duration: 06 (Six) months (Possibility of extension)
Post Number: N/A
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The FAO Representation in Bangladesh is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Bangladesh and, in collaboration with Regional Office Asia and Pacific and the departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to the country priorities. The representation also supports the regional office in the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the country, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The office also develops and maintains relations with Government of Bangladesh, UN agencies, the resource partners and other development institution at the country level.
The Information and Technology Specialist position and will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, and direct supervision of the assigned Project Team Leader or Manager and other relevant project staff. This position is work in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR Administration and the Country Office Information and Technology Coordinator as well as other units and projects
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide general system administration and support for network software and servers (Including support electronic mail, news, ftp server and www server directory);
- Maintain internal network equipment of routers, servers and networks, hubs and support, tuning, maintenance and uptime of network equipment linking a number of separate facilities;
- Maintain secure, reliable internet connection along with internet related services; maintain remote access network equipment configuration of Routers, switches DNS and load balancing system; firewall deployment and maintenance; system-level security issues backup management;
- Install PCs, printers and other IT equipment (including printers) and monitor its proper functioning, carry out back-up service, data recovery and perform trouble shooting activities including network problems and/or system problem and assist with general technical issues;
- Assist in the design and maintenance of the project portal web site and other related partner sites; and in the creation of presentation and other graphic design projects; co-ordinate the integration of site components and test links, scripts and CGI program.
- Organize and manage virtual meetings using virtual meetings applications.
- Work in consultation with country ICT focal point (FAOBD, OTC) to ensure compliance with FAO's standard guidelines, specifications and rules.
- Select, evaluate and control external IT partners, services suppliers, experts and support companies and ensure corporate requirements high performance and quality of work.
- Liaise with external technical experts and support companies to ensure consistent, failure-free ICT operations. Follow up on user problems and requests until resolution is achieved.
- Train office staff on the proper use of the installed software and equipment as per FAO guideline.
- Maintain and inventory of computers, peripherals software and other ICT equipment, ensure its proper maintenance, secure handling and storage; track loaned equipment.
- Ensure remote support of users.
- Ensure that computer user accounts are created/removed appropriately and provide informal training and general assistance in the effective use of IT system as required; and
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Higher degree in Information and Communication Technology, computer science and engineering, with ICT
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Information Technology will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of professional-level experience in IT related work network maintenance, online platforms, with IT systems within the UN or International organization;
- Bangladesh National
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Team working skills.
- Organisation and time management.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT