Finance Officer - Swisscontact
|31 March, 2021
Swisscontact Bangladesh is looking for a qualified Finance Officer for one of its Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) funded projects.
Contract duration: Up to 31 October 2021 (likely to be extended up to Dec 2022)
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Disposition for frequent travelling within the country
Reports to: Team Leader of the project
Purpose of the Job
The Finance Officer is an entry leave position within the project. The position will assist the Finance & Admin Officer and Manager, Business Administration in all aspects of checking & verification of day-to-day finance operation, keep accurate record of daily transaction, bank reconciliation, maintain Petty Cash Book and ensure VAT & TAX deduction as per NBR rules. Checking 'Means of Variance' in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to process payments of partner organizations
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Preferably one/two year(s) of experience in Finance/ HR/Administration function, freshers with good academic background in Finance and strong motivation can also apply
- Master's degree in Accounting/Management/, HR or Business Administration
- Proven excellent proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication in English and Bangla.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills, and proven reporting skills.
- Ability to work in a team to deliver within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Process invoices ensuring all supporting documents
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Prepare monthly budget vs expenditure reports and share with Manager Business Administration
- Prepare vouchers and journal entries in line with project requirements
- Maintain petty cash for project
- Ensure VAT and Tax deduction from all relevant transactions following NBR rules
- Prepare and deposit VAT& Tax challan as per rules and regulations
- Calculate and manage staff Advance Income Tax (AIT)against salary as per NBR regulations
- Visit implementation partners/subcontractors for financial monitoring as and when needed
- Ensure cash advances are settled by following the regulations in project manual
- Support the Manager, Business Administration in preparing for external audits and work with external auditors
- Support program team to prepare budget for different program activities
- Provide necessary guidance to project partners
- Participate in tender evaluation process by ensuring procurement rules and regulations
- Keep records of all financial documents, audit & monitoring report
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and liaison with the tasks of other departments of the project, especially the country office's finance and admin team
- Support the Project Admin & HR Officer functions as and when required and when s/he is out office for travel/leave
- Any other task assigned by the team leader/ Manager Business Administration
Working Conditions and Environment
- This will be according to the Swisscontact Operation Manual.
- Please email your application form along with a cover letter (elaborating your competencies for the position and your expected salary) to [email protected] addressing to Head of Business Administration.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) and the application form can be downloaded from our website http://www.swisscontact.org/en/country/south-asia/work-with-us/jobs.html. Please mention name of the position applied for in the "subject" line of your email. Applications must be submitted on or before 31 March 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.