|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Cox's Bazar|
|Deadline||21 June, 2021|
E-Zone HRM Limited is a management consulting group providing one-stop solutions to clients who seek improved and sustainable profitability through the effective use of their people and resources. We specialize in delivering innovative and value added services that promote revenue growth and cost containment.
E-Zone HRM Limited has a formal agreement with one of the United Nations Agency to provide outsourcing services under a third party contract.
E-Zone HRM Limited is now accepting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the following vacancies under third party outsourcing contract modality:
Duty Station: Cox Bazar
Contract Duration: 11.5 months
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Contract Type: Contract with E-Zone
Contract Start Date: 15 June 2021
Reporting to: Construction Engineer, Dhaka and Health Specialist, Health Section, Cox Bazar Field Office.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Construction Engineer, the Construction Officer will be required to:
- Provide technical assistance to LTAs for the assessment, survey, design and cost estimation, review deliverables and finalize bidding for UHCs renovation and remodelling tasks.
- Provide technical support in the field level construction activities final completion of SCANU, NSU, KMC, ANC/PNC, IMCI, PMTCT and other health facilities under HGSP.
- Coordinate and develop design as per site requirement in different UHCs in coordination with local authorities and Health Specialist/ Health Officer, Cox's Bazar.
- Supervision and monitoring of Construction/renovation activities to ensure specification of works to achieve optimum quality for all undertake activities under World Bank HGSP Project.
- Share reports with health colleagues on construction weekly/fortnightly progress, field level finding.
- Assess sites of Operation Theatre (OT), NSU, KMC, Labor Room, ANC/PNC, PMTCT, Storeroom and support to fit the standard design.
- Facilitate joint post measurements of the renovation activities and other components of HGSP and certified final payment.
- Perform such other relevant duties assign by the line manager and supervisor.
The development objective of the US$150 million Health and Gender Support Project (HGSP) for Cox's Bazar District is to improve the access to and utilization of HNP and GBV response services among the host and FDMN populations in CXB. The project is expected to benefit around 3.4 million people currently residing in CXB, which includes around 860,000 FDMN. The host population includes an estimated 75,000 pregnant women (per year) and 320,000 under-five children. Among the FDMN, 52 per cent are women and girls, with an estimated 25,560 pregnant women (per year) and 188,960 children under 5.
The project's grant financing will ensure: a) response to the "additional" needs of the host population emanating from the resource diversion that has occurred due to the inflow, b) provision of integrated HNP and GBV response services to the FDMN (as opposed to catering to "emergency" needs), c) adoption of a more systematic approach to the needs of the host and FDMN populations, and d) provisions for responding to future emergencies through a Contingent Emergency Response Component (CERC). The HGSP will adopt a multi-pronged approach targeting the provision of appropriate HR, readiness of facilities for quality service delivery, expansion of services in underserved areas and ensure community engagement to increase demand for HNP services, among others. It will be implemented over a period of three years (2020-2023).
The HGSP will be implemented by the MOHFW, and a major portion will be implemented by the four UN Agencies: UN Agency, IOM, WHO, and UNFPA through contracting by MOHFW. There is a designated Line Director, along with three Program Managers, and ten Deputy Programme Managers who would oversee, monitor and guide the implementation of the project.
C. Scope of work
The Construction Officer will provide support for all the construction activities included, but not limited, to the following projects:
- Review all submission on assessment and finalize the technical documents for bidding process of construction for 08 UHCs under HGSP.
- Closely work with Health team in CXB and Construction Engineer BCO for the smooth preparation of technical docs.
- Draft LPA docs with support from Construction Engineer to share SD, Copenhagen for BLPA approval.
- Construction, Renovation, remodelling activities monitoring in 08 UHCs to comply with UN Agency standard and achieve optimum quality of works as per set specifications.
- Coordination with construction company and LTAs monitoring team regular basis to resolve site emerging issues as well proper management of activities.
- Regular liaison with UHCs focal person about the update and resolve administrative issues at local level
- Strictly maintain construction schedule for on time completion to start program activities to achieve program goals
- On top monitoring and final certification of works
- Support construction consultants for smooth assessment and reviewed documents and suggested intervention appropriateness.
- Review assessment report, design and bill of quantities submitted by the construction company and support in procurement process of contract.
- Track progress of construction work and monitor construction activities and support on time completion with achieving quality and specification.
- Support in different construction implementation activities undertake from program apart from HGSP in Rohingya camp.
- Smooth coordination with health colleagues and attends meeting with respective authorities.
- Provided support field team for health facilities renovation and remodelling work by the partners under PCA.
- Any other activities assigned from Health section.
- Provide assistance in site supervision with particular focus on quality. Management ensuring the full completion of all facilities in accordance to plans and UN Agency standards.
- Progress follow up and cross-check measurements prior to payment certification.
- Assist in enabling a smooth hand-over to local government agencies
- Support the Programme team in any other matter as required.
- Assist the overall project management ensuring all finding resolve properly as per set specs and quality standard.
- Timely report to supervisor any potential delays on rectification measures identify remedial actions or alternative solutions, to accelerate/improve final completion for SCANU, NSU, KMC, Labor Room, ANC/PNC, IMCI, PMTCT and other components under HGSP.
- Keep necessary correspondences with the UN Agency CXB and BCO such and give monthly work program and necessary letters regarding the project`s development.
Monitoring and Progress Controls Support:
- Monitor the delivery of contractual terms, certification of works specification, reports and payments.
- Monitor the maintenance of buildings with focus on quality of implementation, community acceptance and participation, capacity building of maintenance teams.
- Prepare fortnightly progress reports (internal and stakeholder meeting minutes.
- Keep the record of inspection, variations etc.
- Monitor execution & Implementation of site construction works according to drawing and project work schedule.
- Implement quality assurance plans.
Communication, Collaboration, Networking and Partnership Support
- Observe and report back to Supervisor any concerns about the construction process overall.
- Maintain necessary and adequate liaison with local government counterparts and institutions to ensure good cooperation and communication.
D. Deliverables and Schedules
The assignment is designed for the duration of 12 months, where below tasks are expected:
- Handover final documents of Operation Theatre (OT), NSU, KMC, Labor Room, ANC/PNC, IMCI, PMTCT and other components under HGSP.
- Monthly Progress report on Progress.
- A detail report on final completion for each project.
- Regular field missions' reports and sharing of information. Field visit report to be produced.
- Meeting minutes, Visit report, Action plan and Monthly basis accomplishment report.
E. Reporting Requirements
Consultant to report to the Health Specialist and Construction Engineer, Dhaka and will provide -
- Fortnightly report on final completion, resolved site issues on quality.
- Monthly report on activities conducted, initiated and followed up by the consultant
- Reviewed milestone payment on site Vs progress and record accomplishment of work.
- Facilitate final completion and handover process with CS official, Contractor and others
F. Consultancy Costs
- Consultant will get BDT 225,000 per month including travel and DSA; other cost communication equipment, PC etc. are bear by the consultant.
- Consultant will be based in Cox Bazar and report to Health Specialist and Construction Engineer, BCO- Dhaka
- Travel cost and travel arrangement in the field, will be borne by the consultant.
- Consultant will be responsible to pay all taxes as per government rules and regulations. E-Zone will make statutory deductions towards income tax as per government rules and regulations.
G. Profile Requirements Qualification Skills
Education : Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction or other relevant technical area.
- 8-10 years of professional work experience in the field of building construction and repair & renovation works
- Ability to conduct field assessment, check technical compliance and specification of construction activities following BNBC and other international code.
- Knowledge of structural drawing of reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, and timber as applied to construction of buildings and structures.
- Proven ability to identify potential problems and recommend appropriate solutions manner.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in Bangla and in English written and spoken
This position is open for Bangladeshi Nationals only. All candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds can apply for the vacancies.
The UN Agency prides itself as fostering a multicultural and harmonious work environment, guaranteed by a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected consultants will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photographby email to: [email protected]
Last Date of Application: 21 June, 2021
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality.