Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||22 March, 2021|
Agrani Bank Limited invites proposals for providing services as Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in the rank of General Manager with full executive power, responsibility and accountability of the Risk Management Division of the Bank from eligible Bangladeshi candidates who must have qualifications and experiences mentioned below:
The candidate must be Chartered Accountant (CA) or Cost Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or same professional Degree or Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Bank Management (MBM), Post Graduate Degree on Economics, Finance, Accounting or Banking from recognize University.
1. The candidate must have at least 12 (twelve) years Banking Experience preferably covering:
i. Core risk Management,
ii. Internal control and compliance,
iii. Capital Management,
iv. Branch Banking,
v. Core Banking System,
vi. Risk based certification
2. Minimum 3 (three) year's hands-on working experience in Risk Management.
Age Limit: Maximum 50 years as on 31-07-2020. Age is relaxable for more efficient and experienced candidates. Affidavit for age is not allowed.
1. To oversee the development and implementation of the bank's risk management functions as a primary role;
2. To support the Board of Directors/Board's Risk Management Committee in its development of the bank's risk appetite and for translating the risk appetite into a risk limits structure;
3. To actively engage with the management in the process of setting risk appetite and limits for the various business lines with a view to achieve bank's overall strategic planning and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence;
4. To contribute and participate in key decision-making processes (i.e. strategic planning, capital and liquidity planning, new products and services, compensation design and operation);
5. To manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, measure, manage, monitor and report risks;
6. To assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business risks and control them;
7. To manage the process for developing risk management policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities;
8. To monitor major and critical risk issues independently with full empowerment;
9. To communicate views of the board and senior management throughout the bank;
10. To adopt proper financial protection measures through risk transfer, risk avoidance, and risk retention programs;
11. To provide opinion regarding extent of risk in case of credit proposal for big amounts (set by the bank) before submission to EC/board for sanctioning;
12. To monitor portfolio health and ensure good quality asset growth;
13. To ensure proper compliance of Bangladesh Bank's (BB) recommendations regarding risk issues including all core risks;
14. To provide a methodology to identify and analyze the financial impact of loss to the Organization, employees, the public, and the environment;
15. To disseminate information and strategies to personnel regarding emerging risk issues and industry specific risks;
16. To implement environmental and social (E&S) safeguard for the asset portfolio;
17. To oversee the information security aspects for the bank;
18. To ensure arrangement of ERMC meeting on monthly basis wherein top management team Shall address, discuss and resolve risk issues across the bank;
19. To ensure proper disclosure of key performance indicators of the bank via Pillar III of Basel III accords;
20. To remain aligned and acquainted with other countries' economic and financial positions;
21. To organize Annual Risk Conference (at-least one day-long) with the participation of all the branch managers and deputy branch managers including the officials related to risk issues;
22. Ensuring adequate internal and external training on risk management issues for increasing efficiency of RMD officials.
The CRO will report & work in close consultation with the concerned Deputy Managing Director and Managing Director & CEO of the Bank.
Tenure: Initially 03 (Three) years.
Complete application must be submitted to the following address and e-mail ([email protected], [email protected]) by 22/03/2021. The application must have detailed curriculum vitae with a recent photograph, copy of national ID, copies of all academic, professional and experience certificate, contact addresses (mail address, e-mail, telephones), an appreciation of the assignment in one page and expected monthly remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interview.
Bank reserves the right to accept or reject any application or annul the process without assigning any reason.