The government handed over modern agro machinery, provided by Metal group, to the farmers of Mohammadpur upazila in Magura under the National Agriculture of Technology Program (NATP) on June 22, 2020.
The Metal Group has supplied 8 Units of Power tiller, 4 Units of Seeder & One Unit of Power tiller trolley via the Ministry of Agriculture to help farmers uphold continuous food supply amid the ongoing pandemic.
Currently, some 270 unions are being operated under the NATP project, which had been intended to maintain a proper supply of agro products among the farmers of the country.
Under the project, every union agriculture office selects 10 Farmer's Cooperative Societies, which consist of around 20-30 farmers. These societies comprise 30% female and 70% male farmers registered by the Ministry of Cooperative Society.
However, the government will bear 70 percent of the cost of every sub-project through the Agriculture Innovation Fund (AIF-2) and the remaining 30 percent will be borne by the farmers themselves.
Upazila Chairman Abu Abdullah Kafi, Vice Chairman Barkat Ali, Vice Chairman (female) Baby Nazneen, Magura District Deputy Director of Agriculture Extension Department (DAE) Zahidul Amin, District Training Officer Sohrab Hossain, Deputy Director's Office Agricultural Engineer Joydev Saha, Upazila Agriculture Officer Abdus Sobhan and many other locals attended the handover program.