Facebook and Youtube authorities have agreed to remove Al Jazeera's report "All the Prime Minister's Men" from their platforms upon getting legal documents, said Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology Minister Mustafa Jabbar.
"We talked with Facebook and Youtube authorities for several times. They asked us to submit legal documents regarding the matter. Later we submited the High Court order," the minister told The Business Standard on Saturday evening.
Earlier on 17 February, the High Court directed the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) to take steps immediately to remove the Al Jazeera report from all online platforms at home and abroad.
The report was aired by the Qatar-based television station on 1 February.
Within hours of publication of the report, the Foreign Ministry in a statement termed it as "false, defamatory and a politically motivated smear campaign."
Meanwhile, Facebook stated, "We have not received the High Court's written order from the BTRC to take down the Al Jazeera documentary All the Prime Minister's Men. We have not issued any statements."