Two workers died after consuming toxic chemical during renovation work in Khulna Government Women's College laboratory on Friday.
They died while undergoing treatment at around 11am on Friday. According to their colleagues, they drank liquid chemical thinking it was liquor.
The deceased are Md Parvez, 29, and Rafiq Biswas, 40. Another worker named Shamim, 32, is still undergoing treatment.
The three men drank toxic chemicals on Thursday night. When they fell ill, they were admitted to Khulna Medical College Hospital.
ATM Zakir Hossain, principal of the college, said, "The workers were recruited for the renovation work of the college. They died after drinking something poisonous from the lab."