A total of 158 people have fallen sick during the past two days after having hotchpotch at Balrampur village under Sadar upazila in the district.
An official of local health department said, "All 158 people were affected by diarrhoea after eating hotchpotch... Among the diarrhoea affected people, 53 were hospitalized in Pabna General Hospital."
A medical team of Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) is working to find out the reason of people’s sickness.
Deputy Commissioner told BSS that "All necessary measures have been taken to tackle the incident. All ailing people were given emergency medical treatments."